Authorized Digital Sellers or ads.txt is an IAB initiative that helps ensure that your digital ad inventory is only sold through sellers (such as AdSense) who you’ve identified as authorized. Creating your own ads.txt file gives you more control over who’s allowed to sell ads on your site and helps prevent counterfeit inventory from being presented to advertisers.
We strongly recommend that you use an ads.txt file. It can help buyers identify counterfeit inventory and help you receive more advertiser spend that might have otherwise gone toward that counterfeit inventory.
Create your own ads.txt file for AdSense
- Create a text (.txt) file.
- Include the following line:
google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0Important: Make sure you replace
pub-0000000000000000with your own publisher ID.
- Host your ads.txt file at the root level of your domain. (for example, https://example.com/ads.txt).Root levels are one level down from what’s listed in the public suffix list. For example, “google.co.uk” is a root domain of “co.uk” but “maps.google.co.uk” is not. See the IAB ads.txt specification.
Fix Earnings at Risk in AdSense: Bloggers using Adsense on their blog are facing this issue Earnings at risk – One or more of your ads.txt files doesn’t contain your AdSense publisher ID. Fix this now to avoid severe impact on your revenue.
You also should be getting blank ads on your blog, it’s because of this error. So in this tutorial, we are going to solve this error.
To Get rid of this error. I have provided you two methods. One is for Blogspot or Blogger users and the second one is for WordPress users. After solving this error your website/blog will start showing Ads Again
How to Fix Earnings At Risk in AdSense
Method For Blogger Users:
1. First of all Login to your AdSense account.
2. Then click on the Action button as shown below
3. Now Copy this Code
4. Then Open your Blogger Dashboard
5. Now Goto Settings and then Search Preferences
6. Now under Monetization Section, you will see custom ads.txt
7. Click on Yes and then paste the code you copied in Step 3 in the box.
8. Then Click Save Changes and wait to 24 Hours. Your blog will start showing Ads again.
This was the solution for Blogspot users and it’s time for WordPress. For WordPress users, it is a little bit different from Blogspot users. Don’t worry, I will show you step by step guide.
Method For WordPress Users
1. Firstly Login to your AdSense account
2. Now in the Red Bar, you will see Action Button. Click on it
3. Then Copy this Code and then Open notepad
4. In notepad paste the code you copied above
5. Then Save the file as ads.txt
Note: It is necessary to choose the name as ads.txt
6. Now Login to cPanel of your Hosting and Goto file Manager
7. Now upload the ads.txt in your public _html folder.
8. That’s it!!! Now it will 24 hours to apply changes and then your site will start showing Ads
So this was the method to fix the earnings at risk in AdSense.Thanks! for Reading